Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Casinha (Little House) Wave Contest




This was my favorite break in Florianopolis. For the contest the winds were from the south making it starboard conditions and the waves had good size of 4-5 feet. The waves were so fun and you could ride them for so long. Kauli Seadis new windsurfing movie was named after this spot and this is where he learned how to wave ride.
It was also very special to windsurf here because there were whales very close to shore. I have never been so close to a whale before. I was in awe the whole time. It was so amazing. One time I was windsurfing and two whales popped up right in front of me and I could see thier whole face, mouth and everything! It was super cool and everyone out windsurfing knew how special it was to share the water with these huge mammals!
The results for the women:
Juliana Farias- 1st
Tatiana Howard- 2nd
Leysa Perotti- 3rd
There were many girls participating and were all ripping. It was a super fun event and everyone had a good time.

No comments:

¬¨†