Wednesday, September 19, 2007

More Ibiraquera!

Bol do Engenho Lanches
sugar cane juice made from the cow turning the machine- very sweet drink!
after the quick windsurf session
BRrrrr!

We heard the conditions were epic in Ibiraquera so we thought we should go back down from Floripa to get some good waves. We got our photographer Renato Tinoco(http://www.photomaniac.com.br/) and headed down for the day. It was windy and wavey when we were rigging up our sails and then we got in the water and the clouds got thick and the wind shut off! Competely! I caught one wave during that time but it turned out to be a disaster! I guess the uni and mast base didn't connect all the way. I was riding the wave and then all of a sudden the board was going one way and the sail was in my hands. I had to swim all the way back dragging the sail. The board, thankfully, washed to shore. After a long swim I finally made it make to shore with my sail still in one piece. Crazy Crazy. So, at least I got my exercise in even though there wasn't any windsurfing invovled!

No comments:

¬¨†