Thursday, August 30, 2007

Cabo Frio

Brazil!!!
Getting ready to hit the water

checking it twice
Myself and Ivana


The Cabo Frio event started today with Slalom. The winds were really light for me and had a hard time holding a plan on my 5.4 sail and 75 liter board. Everyone had a hard time with the light winds but the contest was completed. Tomorrow starts the wave division and it is predicted to be more windy. Cabo Frio was given the name becasue of the consistantly freezing water but surprisingly today it was warm. After getting in the warm water I didn't understand why I was told it was going to be so cold. Later I was told the water is cold only when the land is warm and visa-versa when the land is cold the water is warm. Wierd, right! Its true though because it was an overcast, chilly day out side of the water.


Besides that, the winds are port tac and the waves are beach breaks. It is a beautiful place with a ton of happy people.

No comments:

¬¨†